Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

     Today in class we started the filming process. We signed out our camera and went outside to start filming. Our first location was the senior patio. We setup our camera and tripod. I was going to be in the scene so I had to get into my position. I practiced my part of the scene because I had to come in on a certain time. We did a practice shot first. Then we did a shot with the tripod and I had to speak loudly. I had to hand over the coffee and then walk away. We did a bunch of different angles of me handing over the coffee.
     I had to make sure that the Dunkin’ Donuts logo was facing the camera. That meant that I had to hand Kyndell the drink in a certain way for the logo to face the camera. We finished the first scene then we went to our next location which was between building 20 and 21. I was the one to film this time. When we got to our spot we changed into our school spirit shirts. We discussed how we were gonna film. I had to do a track shot and then tilt the camera. It was kind of challenging so I had to do a few shots. Then I had to take a bunch of shots of Bianca walking because I had to follow her. The scene with Kyndell handing Bianca the coffee took me a few shots because they weren’t both in the shot.
     Then we were gonna have Bianca face the camera and say her line. Kyndell had an idea for the scene to make it look cool. Bianca had to turn around and then turn away from the camera. I would then stop recording and go to where Bianca was facing. Then I would press record and have Bianca turn again so that it would look like I turned around with her. This took us a few tries because Bianca forgot to turn the other way. I had to remember to stop the recording so that we didn’t have to do it again. We then did the original shot where Bianca would just turn and face the camera. I finally got all the shots that I needed for that scene. We went back to the room to dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment